Type your paragraph here.
The mission of ALGBTIC includes the recognition of both individual and social contexts presenting the confluence of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, ability, age, spiritual or religious belief system, indigenous heritage in order:
- to promote greater awareness and understanding of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) issues among members of the counseling profession and related helping occupations
- to improve standards and delivery of counseling services provided to LGBT clients and communities
- to identify conditions which create barriers to the human growth and development of LGBT clients and communities; and use counseling skills, programs, and efforts to preserve, protect, and promote such development
- to develop, implement, and foster interest in counseling-related charitable, scientific, and educational programs designed to further the human growth and development of LGBT clients and communities.
- to secure equality of treatment, advancement, qualifications, and status of LGBT members of the counseling profession and related helping occupations.
- to publish a journal and other scientific, educational, and professional materials with the purpose of raising the standards of practice for all who work with LGBT clients and communities in the counseling profession and related helping occupations.